With the New Year, it is time to pull things together and index what we’ve looked at in the last year. To that end, I’ve organized the posts by subject (with some possible duplication of a few listings) and then sorted them chronologically. I hope this will help people quickly find topics of interest, even if they were scatted throughout the year.
First and foremost, formaldehyde and indoor air quality is always one of the best covered issues. Here are the posts in the past year on this theme:
Formaldehyde and Indoor Air Quality
- CARB Labels on Flooring (5/16/17)
- Greatest Hits 1 – Formaldehyde (5/23/17)
- Greatest Hits 2 – Chemophobia (5/30/17)
- Formaldehyde Fun Begins Again (8/22/17)
- Canada & Formaldehyde – Update (8/29/17)
- CARB Does NOT Equal TSCA (9/5/17)
- TSCA Timing (9/12/17)
- Grass joins TSCA (9/26/17)
- Greatest Hits 7 – Indoor Air Quality (11/7/17)
- Increased TSCA Uncertainty (12/12/17)
I’m going to follow that theme immediately with my series of definitions, since all the definitions so far have been related to formaldehyde regulations and IAQ.
- Terminology Time – CARB (4/18/17)
- Terminology Time – TSCA (4/25/17)
- Terminology Time – CAN/CSA‑0160 (5/2/17)
- Terminology Time – CA 01350 or “Thirteen Fifty” (5/19/17)
- Terminology Time – TVOC (10/31/17)
Next, one of the big topics will always be Lacey and Legality. I expect to try to do more updates on this later in the year.
Lacey and other Legality Laws and Issues
- Greatest Hits 3 – US Forests (6/13/17)
- Considering US Timber Theft – Nina Cornett Interview, pt 1
- Considering US Timber Theft – Nina Cornett Interview, pt 2
- Considering US Timber Theft – Nina Cornett Interview, pt 3
- Considering US Timber Theft – Nina Cornett Interview, pt 4
- Update on US Timber Laws: Kentucky Edition!
- Update on US Timber Laws: Virginia Edition!
- Update on US Timber Laws: Virginia Edition, pt2: Getting Personal
- Update on US Timber Laws: Virginia Edition, pt3: Crunching Numbers
- Update on US Timber Laws: Georgia Edition!
- Update on US Timber Law: Indiana Edition (6/20/17)
- US Forests: More Theft in the News (6/27/17)
- The Washington Forest Legality Week (9/19/17)
- A Key Difference Between the EUTR and Lacey (11/14/17)
- Compliance Work in China (11/21/17)
- Another Member of the Legal Wood Club (12/19/17)
And since legality directly impacts our available supply, let’s look at posts regarding forests, forestry and specific species around the world.
- Pain in the Ash (10/17/17)
- Greatest Hits 3 – US Forests (6/13/17)
- Greatest Hits 6: Species Specific (10/24/17)
And speaking of resources, here are posts on compliance resources.
Compliance and Tools of the Trade
- Compliance is Like a Good Roof (6/6/17)
- Are you Making the Most of Technology? (7/25/17)
- Third Party Tech Support, pt. 1 (8/1/17)
- Third Party Tech Support, pt. 2 (8/8/17)
- Customs and Officially Securing Your Supply Chain (10/3/17)
As a separate section on resources, these are posts on technical topics—like finishing or hardness or DNA.
- Greatest Hit: The Green Nature of Factory Finishing (7/11/17)
- Future of Finishing (7/18/17)
- Greatest Hits 4: Getting Technical (8/15/17)
- Getting Technical: Stable isotope analysis, pt1
- Getting Technical: Stable isotope analysis, pt2
- Getting Technical: Your Wood’s DNA, pt 1
- Getting Technical: Your Wood’s DNA, pt 2
- Getting Technical: Wood Identification, pt 1: Getting Started
- Getting Technical: Wood Identification, pt 2: The Cells Themselves
- Getting Technical: Wood Identification, pt 3: Tropicals
- Greatest Hits 8 – Going Under and Into the Floor (12/5/17)
And we’ll wrap it up with “everything else,” those posts that don’t fit anywhere else (at least not yet—for example, we have a “building green” post here which I suspect will be matched with enough similar themed posts to get its own section next year.)
Miscellaneous Topics and Philosophical Rants
- Back to Blogging (4/4/17)
- Importance of Associations (4/11/17)
- Happy Fourth of July (7/4/17)
- Greatest Hits 5 – Building Green (10/10/17)
- Thankful for Globalization (11/28/17)
- Happy Holidays! (12/26/17)
- Happy New Year! Industry Resolutions (1/2/18)
Thanks for reading!