Seven wood flooring industry artists were presented with the coveted Wood Floor of the Year Awards for their talent during the NWFA 2019 Wood Flooring Expo in Fort Worth, Texas.
Recognized as the premiere awards of the wood flooring industry, this competition shines a spotlight on quality craftsmanship and innovative design in wood floor installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 200 awards have been presented to NWFA member companies around the world.
New this year was the addition of the Best Use of Technology Application category. Entries in this category have installed floors utilizing advancements in technology (CNC, laser, etc.). This new category allowed for a differentiation between handmade and technology aided floors.
Winning entries were chosen by a panel of judges selected for their industry and design knowledge. All entries in the competition featured flooring installations completed between January 2018 and January 2019.
As in previous years, NWFA members from across the globe voted online for their favorite entry to determine the association’s highest award – the Members’ Choice. This process gave each of the NWFA’s members a chance to evaluate the entries based on technical difficulty, quality of installation, and overall appearance.
This year, the honor went to Artistic Floors by Design Inc. based in Parker, Colorado. To find out more about that floor and the other WFOY winners, view the links below.
- Best Circular/Curved Application + Members’ Choice – Artistic Floors by Design Inc. | Parker, Colorado
- Best Color & Finish Application – Diamond Wood Floors | Dearing, Georgia
- Best Parquet/Inlay Application – Atelier Passe Partout | Mechelen, Belgium
- Best Restoration/Makeover – Brookens Wood Floors Inc. | Springfield, Illinois
- Best Textured Wood Application – Four Board Woodworks LLC | Louisville, Kentucky
- Best Use of Technology Application – Czar Floors | Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
- Best of Social Media – Cincinnati Floor & Window Coverings | Loveland, Ohio