The NWFA’s Wood Floor of the Year (WFOY) awards were developed to encourage and recognize innovative craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 300 awards have been presented to companies with winning projects throughout the world.
The 2022 WFOY winners were recognized for their talent during the NWFA Wood Flooring Expo in Tampa, Florida. Winning entries were chosen by a panel of judges selected for their industry design and knowledge. All entries in the competition featured installations completed between January 2021 and January 2022.
As in previous years, NWFA members from across the globe voted online for their favorite floor to determine the Members’ Choice award. This process provides NWFA members with an opportunity to evaluate all of the entries and make their decision based on technical difficulty, quality of installation, and overall appearance.
This year, the honor went to Integrity Floors based in Tampa, Florida. Read on to learn more about that floor, the other category winners, and to see a showcase of all projects entered into the contest. And be sure to check out upcoming episodes of the NWFA Wood Talk podcast, as Brett Miller, VP of technical standards, training, and certification, will have in-depth discussions with WFOY winners about their projects.
- 2022 WFOY: Members’ Choice
- 2022 WFOY: Best in Circular/Curved Wood
- 2022 WFOY: Best in Color/Finish and Textured Wood
- 2022 WFOY: Best in Historic Restoration
- 2022 WFOY: Best in Marquetry/Inlay
- 2022 WFOY: Best in Parquetry
- 2022 WFOY: Best Staircase
- 2022 WFOY: Best Use of Technology
- 2022 WFOY: Manufacturer Spotlight
- 2022 WFOY: Entry Showcase