As previously reported by Hardwood Floors Magazine, the United States Trade Representative (USTR) has announced a list of products that would be excluded from Chinese tariffs, including certain flooring products:
- Floor coverings of polyvinyl chloride, presented in the form of tiles or planks designed to snap together during installation
- Vinyl floor tiles of polymers of vinyl chloride, designed to click together during installation, each measuring 4.7mm or more but not over 8mm in thickness, 18cm or more but not over 23cm in width and 120cm or more but not over 182cm in length
- Vinyl floor tiles of polymers of vinyl chloride, designed to click together during installation, measuring 7mm in thickness, 18cm or more but not over 19cm in width and 120cm or more but not over 125cm in length
- Engineered flooring, of oak, consisting of a 1.2mm thick oak veneer top layer, 5.8mm stone-plastic composite core and a 2mm polyethylene backing, such flooring coated with aluminum oxide, measuring not over 191cm long by 19cm wide by 0.9cm thick
- Flooring panels constructed of a hardwood veneer measuring 0.6mm or more but not over 1.2mm in thickness laminated onto a waterproof stone-polymer composite base, with the thickness of each panel between 5mm and 7.5mm with tongue and groove mechanism for installation and an attached foam pad
this will be great for Lumber Liquidators! All cheaply made disposable floors. One and done.