- The Finish Line Supervisor will be a working leadership role on First shift with accountability for a Flex-shift and future development of a Second shift.
- Position is Monday – Thursday 5:00 to 3:30 pm, with flexibility to Supervise Monday – Thursday 3:30 – 5:30 Flex-Shift. Overtime as required on Fridays.
- Starting salary $45,000.00 annually
- Preferred candidate will have 5+ years operation of sanding and roll-coat equipment in UV-cure prefinished flooring application.
- Candidate must have experience using Microsoft programs for Quality tracking and training documentation.
- Previous leadership experience a plus with excellent interpersonal communication and a commitment to develop/train team members.
- Adhere to company and supplier use and disposal procedures for stain, sealer, coating and cleaning products.
- Plan, execute and track production schedule.
- Communicate daily with Shipping, Production and Maintenance teams to meet customer completion dates.
- Coordinate finish line team responsibilities for optimal safety, quality and productivity.
- Setup and changeover line for multiple product and/or process configurations.
- Perform dimension, coating weight, adhesion, gloss and visual color/finish quality checks.
- Troubleshoot stain/coating application to match Control Panels
- Create and/or adjust stain formula using pigments to match Color Control panels
- Package finished flooring. Performing quality inspections and rework.
- Responsible for SAFETY of all team members in the department.
- Responsible for SAFE operation of sander and roll-coat stain/finish line equipment as defined by company procedure and policies.
- Responsible for QUALITY of all prefinished flooring. Accountability for sound go/no go decisions.
- Responsible for maintenance of Quality Control panels, retains, and formulas.
- Responsible for SKILL DEVELOPMENT of all team members in the department. Develop, document and train.
- Responsible for accuracy of all prefinished flooring inventory in ERP system and all components used.
- Manage Operator Preventive Maintenance tasks and timely completion of Maintenance PM’s.
- Manage inventory of roll coat line sand paper, stain & denib brushes, urethane rolls and sponge rolls. Coordinate rotation, repairs and replacement with Maintenance Supervisor and Plant Manager.
Interested applicants can send an email along with a resume to HR@owens-flooring.com.