Who We Are
We are the custom flooring division of Hull Forest Products, the largest hardwood sawmill in southern New England. We make high-end custom wood flooring and stair parts from locally grown and sustainably harvested timber.
Who We’re Looking For
We want an enthusiastic, reliable, detail-oriented person to help plan, coordinate, and execute the production of our custom flooring. This position requires experience running and maintaining woodworking machinery including a straight line rip saw, moulder, and endmatcher, plus a knowledge of wood technology and American hardwood species. Previous experience with precision manufacturing, woodworking, or wood flooring installation preferred. The floor shop lead will coordinate with the sawmill, kiln/warehouse, and sales departments to ensure a consistent flow of raw materials to the floor dept. as well as the timely and accurate fulfillment of orders. The ideal candidate will have the ability to guide and motivate a small team of woodworkers. 40-50 hours a week with overtime, pay commensurate with skills and experience.
Qualification and Skills
- 3+ years experience in similar woodworking environment
- Experience with precision machine set-up, operation, and maintenance
- Reliable, detail-oriented, and highly motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Passionate about the product and role within the company
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Competitive wages
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Discounted wood products