Bona’s Retail Product Management team is seeking a skilled hands-on technical product liaison to manage DIY product line for select big-box retailers. This individual will focus on stains, abrasives, sealers, and more.
The Strategic Product Manager is responsible for managing the DIY product line life cycle from the strategic planning to tactical initiatives. The Strategic Product Manager specifies the market requirements in relation to the business’ product. This includes both existent and future products based on market research realized through interactions with the consumers and prospective consumers. This position regularly performs competitive, pricing and profitability analyses, which is used to drive strategies that will improve the business’ product market position, enable cost reduction, and improve quality over product competition. This research enables the product line departments to manage their individual product lines based on accurate information leading to a better execution of their duties/functions. This individual is responsible for contributing to a positive work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, preferably marketing or a related field
2. Must have 3-5 years’ experience in product management, retail and consumer products and new product development
3. Should have 3-5 years’ experience in project management, overseeing multiple projects in a limited-resource environment
4. 1-3 years of DIY experience, (Adhesives, Stains, Finishes, or related products)
5. Should have 1-3 years’ experience in process control and revision implementation
6. Must have extensive knowledge of Standard Operating PC, including Windows XP, MS Office Suite (including MS Project), SAP ERP experience is preferred
1. Manage product roadmap through all phases of the product development lifecycle
2. Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company vision
3. Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
4. Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
5. Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
6. Produce and review product requirements documents
7. Define goals for Procurement, Production, and Quality Assurance to attain with regards to new and existing products
8. Ensure products and releases are launched correctly on schedule, and on budget
9. Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
10. Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end-users
11. Plan and manage annual budget for product related expenses
12. Develop mutually beneficial, respectful, and effective relationships with peers to ensure seamless coordination between departments, maximize synergy, and maintain a shared vision, strategy, and focus
13. Able and willing to work necessary hours to meet all project deadlines, travel when necessary
14. Other Duties- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.