Horizon Forest Products is a rapidly growing company that delivers exceptional customer service and flooring knowledge to each new market they enter. Horizon continues to flourish as one of the top wholesale distributors in the Southeast, and we are excited to write more chapters of our story. We look forward to many more years of helping our customers achieve the success that they deserve, and we would love to have you with us on this journey!
We are searching for qualified, dependable individuals to join our delivery team. In this role, you will be responsible for loading goods from the warehouse into your truck, transporting the load to the customer location, and unloading the shipment when you arrive. Our drivers must always drive safely and be professional and courteous when talking to our customers.
Valid Class B commercial driver’s license a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a daily pre-trip inspections of the truck, alerting the Ops Manager to maintenance, damage, or mechanical issues
- Once at the site unload the order in accordance with the customers’ needs and the safety protocols of HFP. Hand loading will be mostly required with job site deliveries.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct and the customer is satisfied
- Safely lift and carry up to 100 pounds repetitively
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules
- Maintain current drivers and forklift certifications, follow all HFP safety protocols
- Return paperwork, including payments, to the Ops Manager
- Abiding by all transportation laws, maintain safe driving record
- Maintain logbooks and other documentation as set forth by the DOT and HFP
- Perform other duties as directed by Ops Manager
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record
- DOT medical certification
- Able to pass a background check and drug test
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.