The Pennsylvania Governor’s Office has issued a new list of companies permitted to work during the “life-sustaining business only” criteria and has INCLUDED logging and forestry but NOT INCLUDED sawmills, veneer plants and secondary wood processing. These should close Saturday unless they receive a waiver to operate.
Here is the link to the new list issued today:
There have been reports that companies are experiencing difficulty obtaining the waiver application from the state’s website: www.dced.pa.gov
Forest products companies are encouraged to list on the waiver application that their operations are essential to the economy for:
· Wood chips that produce the fiber for masks, filters and toilet tissue
· Hardwood lumber for pallets to move food, medical supplies and more
· Hardwood fuel pellets for energy production
· Hardwood ties for railroad transportation
· AND paychecks for millions of America’s families.