This individual is responsible for managing an assigned territory and developing incremental profitable sales growth through effective selling and building relationships with professional hardwood flooring distributors, flooring retailers, builders, architects, designers, and contractors in the assigned territory. Responsibilities will specifically be focused on increasing sales for Bona’s Adhesive Product. The Adhesive Specialist will be responsible for facilitating joint sales calls with the distributor sales representatives and flooring retailers. In addition to the assigned responsibilities above, this person will be responsible for distribution demo days, presenting CEU’s, attending regional trade shows to further educate prospective/current customers, and contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Formal training and experience in hardwood flooring sales, installation, maintenance, technical support and/or product management.
2. Minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
3. Must demonstrate self-motivation, enthusiasm, organizational skills, and be goal-oriented.
4. Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
5. Must be able to travel 50-60% of the time.
1. Actively manage distribution relationships for the adhesives product category within an assigned territory.
2. Train and educate distribution personnel, retailers, architects, designers, builders and contractors on Bona adhesive products.
3. Effectively communicate procedures, policy, and promotions on a timely basis to distribution.
4. Effectively communicate findings to the national sales manager, regional territory managers, marketing and account services on a timely basis.
5. Increase incremental sales growth within the product category by working with all levels of distribution and meet targeted activity quotas to reach within their assigned territory.
6. Effectively communicate sales activities, both verbally and via monthly written reports, with sales, account services and product management on a timely basis.
7. Support industry and company related events and activities, including but not limited to trade shows, training schools, and regional training center activities.
8. Review current operating procedures, identify areas of improvement, and implement more effective measures.
9. Able and willing to work necessary hours to meet all project deadlines, travel when necessary.
10. Develop mutually beneficial, respectful, and effective relationships with peers to ensure seamless coordination between departments, maximize synergy, and maintain a shared vision, strategy, and focus.
11. Other Duties- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.