Bona US is always seeking qualified and highly motivated individuals. Starting a career at Bona provides the opportunity to work for a company with strong purpose and values, a concern for the environment and a goal of enriching lives.
Overview: Bona AB is a family-owned company founded in 1919. With its headquarters in Sweden, Bona is now present in more than 70 different countries all over the world through subsidiaries and distributors. We provide products for the installation, maintenance and renovation of wood floors.
Our mission is creating beautiful floors to bring happiness to people’s lives.
Our vision: Bring out the beauty in floors.
Passion – Inspiring Devotion Pride
Performance – Quality Safety Reliability
Pioneering – A track record of Innovation, Creativity and Curiosity
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Bona is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Offers:
The Field Product Testing Specialist is responsible for having an in-depth product knowledge and understanding the flooring market. This person will focus on product testing across all Bona professional lines of business, including machines, abrasives, adhesives, finishes, stains, recoating systems, floor care and all associated processes to help maintain Bona’s standard of high-quality product performance. The position is located in the SE region of the country. This person is also responsible for contributing to a positive work environment.
South East-Mid East Coast Region
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
2. Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the hardwood flooring industry-Specific exp phases of wood ﬂooring installation and ﬁnishing
3. Ability to work independently to complete defined goals
4. Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast environment
5. Ability to produce, analyze, and offer recommendations on product needs, product positioning, product performance
6. Experience in the installation over all substrates, with an emphasis on full-trowel glue down. Experience in sport floor finishing and game line painting a plus.
7. Able to work independently and unsupervised to complete defined goals.
8. Thrive in a dynamic environment and must be able to deal with and incorporate feedback from multiple business functions with the perspective of continuous improvement.
9. Self-starter, initiative, flexible, resourceful, adept at dealing with ambiguous situations.
10. Able to travel 50% of the time
1. Maintain and increase technical knowledge of industry products, regulations, and trends.
2. Develop detailed test reports and update per test as necessary.
3. Schedule and coordinate testing at local RTC’s with the Territory Managers.
4. Facilitate all ﬁeld testing with our Territory Managers and BCC’s.
5. Report all ﬁndings in a timely and conclusive manner.
6. Navigate and participate in social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
7. Manage travel as appropriate.
8. Effectively collaborates cross functionally among multiple departments, including Production, Research & Development, Product Development, Marketing, Sales, International colleagues, and external third-party vendors.
9. Able and willing to work necessary hours to meet all project deadlines, travel when necessary.
10. Other Duties- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Professionalism – Upholds organizational values, demonstrates sound business ethics, works with integrity and ethically in all situations, and treats others with respect and consideration at all times regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for actions, reacts well under pressure, follows through on commitments, and demonstrates consistency between words and actions.
2. Analytical – Synthesizes complex and diverse problems or information in order to systematically identify the cause of the problem, collects and researches data, analyzes the complex data, and offers recommended solutions. Designs, implements, utilize workflows, processes, procedures, and systems, and align areas of responsibility with the organization’s objectives to achieve results.
3. Project Management – Completes appropriate amount of projects within the given timeframe.
4. Diligence –Perseveres in accomplishing tasks or objectives and maintains a sense of urgency about getting results.
5. Develop Relationships – Builds and maintains relationships that incorporate cooperation, trust, and respect by devoting the appropriate time and energy to facilitate business transactions. Relates to others while building credibility and rapport, communicates in an honest and straightforward manner, and maintains networks.
6. Attention to Detail – Completes work in a thorough and complete manner, provides detailed information, and tracks details at all times.
7. Active Communications (Verbal, Written, Listening Skills) – Clearly expresses ideas, information, and concerns both verbally and in written format in both positive and negative situations. Actively listens, offers full attention when others speak, gives verbal and nonverbal cues of interest, asks questions for clarification, and paraphrases to ensure understanding. Actively seeks and disseminates information from and to a variety of sources, accepts responsibility for ensuring that people have the current and accurate information needed for success, and asks questions to open channels of communication. Demonstrates group presentation skills, presents information and numerical data effectively, and actively participates in meetings.
8. Responsiveness – Takes action to meet the needs of others, responds timely without supervision, and minimizes delays.
9. Team Player – Identifies with the larger organizational team and their role within it by balancing team and individual responsibilities, sharing resources, responding to requests from other parts of the organization, supporting larger legitimate organizational agendas, and putting the success of the team above personal interests. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, recognizes accomplishments of other team members, and builds morale and commitment to goals and objectives.
10. Results Oriented – Maintains an appropriate focus on short and long term goals, outcomes, and accomplishments, conveys a sense of urgency to make things happen, and displays a sense of urgency about getting results. Motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached.
11. Organizing & Planning – Plans, organizes and effectively manages to maximize efficiency and productivity. Sets goals and objectives, prioritizes and plans work activities, identifies specific action steps and resources, anticipates problems and develops contingency plans.
12. Problem Solving & Decision Making– Able to identify problems, solve them, and show good judgment by isolating causes from symptoms, gathering information from a variety of sources, compiling information and solutions, involving others as appropriate, readily committing to action, and making decisions that reflect sound judgment in a timely manner. Able to identify and choose between multiple options, work well in-group problem solving situations, understand consequences of potential decisions, and support and explain reasoning for decisions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to remain in a standing, kneeling or stationary position 50% of the time.
2. Must be able to bend, climb stairs, and continuously stand or walk 50% of the time.
3. Must be able to occasionally move within an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
4. Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds (for example wood, cases of product, machinery)
5. Must be able to communicate effectively by listening and also in both written and verbal forms.
1. Generally, works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
2. This position regularly requires large amounts of time to be spent using and viewing computer screens and equipment, which generally entails regular and repetitive motions.
3. May occasionally be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or chemicals. All safety procedures should be adhered to in each of these situations.
For more information email: email@example.com