The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) recognized 12 individuals with NWFA
Service Awards during its Wood Flooring Expo held in Fort Worth, Texas. NWFA’s Service Awards recognize individuals who demonstrate dedication and commitment to their profession.
Individuals earning NWFA Service Awards actively participate in the advancement of industry programs, projects, and initiatives through volunteerism. Achievements are awarded based on a cumulative summation of areas of service within the NWFA. These areas include, but are not limited to, participation on NWFA boards and committees, participation in the Hardwood Federation Fly-In, NWFACP proctoring, and contributions to Hardwood Floors magazine.
The Vanguard Service Award is the first award one can achieve. This award requires earning 25 service points. Members can then earn the Ambassador Service Award, which requires earning the Vanguard Award and an additional 25 service points.
Recipients of the 2019 awards are as follows:
- Andrew Fronczek, Floor Works Inspection Services
- Kellie Hawkins Schaffner, Waterlox Coatings Corporation
- Jesse Joyce, Middle Tennessee Lumber
- Carl Mattingly, Galleher, LLC
- Rich Olson, Just Around the Corner
- Jason Spangler, Wagner Meters
- Ben Totta, Totta Hardwoods
- Darek Zukowski, Chicagoland Flooring
- Steve Brattin, SVB Wood Floors
- Brenda Cashion, Swiff-Train Company
- Richard Kass, Master Flooring Inspectors & Consultants
- Tony Ziola, MAPEI Corporation