General Manager UVEECO™ installations-finishing-sales / Position Posting
Position Description: A unique opportunity for a motivated person to fill an integral role within the management team of a green building products & flooring company. The working General Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, and executing all facets of the company’s commercial/residential strategy. The position demands a self‑starter, someone who will work in concert with team of employees and with the company management team but be expected to thrive independently. This is an opportunity for someone to run a business unit of the corporation without the worries or headaches of the financial or equipment side of the business. She/He will develop and execute highly effective commercial and residential strategies to gain market share and drive profitable top line growth. The General Manager will act as a “player/coach” and will spend a significant amount of time selling and working directly on the projects while building and teaching/coaching a team doing installs and professional finishing of floors – sport courts. The position requires a high energy, critical thinker who is capable of building and executing the company sales and marketing strategy across a variety of channels and end market verticals.
Location: Laramie, WY or within an hour of Laramie
Reporting: Directly to CEO
Travel: Up to 70% (most will be local with a some overnights)
Responsibilities: To include but not be limited to:
- Further penetration / market share gain in existing markets and channels.
- Segmentation and prioritization of new channels, end markets, and geographies.
- Building customer relationships to support market intelligence and build opportunity pipeline.
- Working closely with the senior management team to refine pricing strategies.
- Leading, managing, motivating, and mentoring other employees within the organization to build rapport and establish a culture of teamwork.
- Key account management and closing business both independently and alongside other members of the company’s team.
- Developing annual sales goals by channel, end market, and geography.
- Creating customer and pipeline management tools and reporting.
- Creating marketing materials to support the sales effort.
- Contributing meaningfully to the broader management team and the company’s strategic direction and goals.
Skills & Experience: Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Great depth of knowledge & experience in commercial/residential functions (sales, marketing, installations, floor finishing, customer service) within the Flooring industry.
- Demonstrated track record of revenue and profit, new market entry, quality installations (few call backs), customer retention and growth.
- Verifiable track record of building and growing long term customer relationships in a variety of channels.
- Demonstrated leadership developing and implementing sales processes and methodologies to enhance sales performance and marketing plans.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment.
- Works effectively with limited resources. Employs an analytical and results-driven approach.
- She/He will have the enthusiasm, drive, accountability and communication skills to serve as an excellent leader, coach & teacher.
- Agile learner with willingness to wear multiple hats and comfort level working cross-functionally.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with strong business acumen.
- References to support trust and high integrity.
- Demonstrated track record of “rolling up sleeves” and working both strategically and tactically.
- Affable, enjoyable to work with.
Education: High School graduate or higher.
Company description: Corporate Parent Company is a green building products business with a unique reclaimed wood product line that is sustainable. The company has numerous opportunities for growth through basic blocking and tackling in its existing markets, as well as new markets.
Send resume and/or background info if interested to: email@example.com