Hannover Fairs USA, the organizer of DOMOTEX USA, announced the lineup of its Insider Talks, a series of free presentations given by key players and thought leaders in the flooring industry. Insider Talks will take place on the trade show floor from Feb. 28 through March 2 and will cover topics ranging from digital marketing to flooring repair and installation to color and design trends.
“We expect Insider Talks to inform and empower all flooring industry professionals who attend the DOMOTEX USA 2019 trade show,” said Donna Busse, show director of DOMOTEX USA at Hannover Fairs USA (HFUSA). “We have secured experts who represent all facets of the industry to provide in-depth coverage of the latest residential flooring topics and trends,” she added.
Following is a preview of some of the speakers who will be presenting on the Insider Talks stage:
- Robert Blochinger is a 50-year veteran of the flooring industry. He has served on the board of the Flooring Contractors Association (FCICA) and currently serves as the president of the National Institute of Certified Floorcovering Inspectors (NICFI) and chairman of the Floor Covering Leadership Council (FCLC). Blochinger has traveled to domestic and international jobsites to investigate negative issues and concerns on such topics as maintenance, installation, specification, manufacturing and substrate testing/preparation. Blochinger will discuss events, concerns and issues that require a third-party conclusion as to the causation of a negative impact on flooring performance and/or appearance. He also will offer guidance for hiring a third-party expert.
- Jason Goldberg is CEO of America’s Floor Source, one of the country’s leading residential and commercial floor covering retailers. Goldberg will discuss the keys to using technology to build and run an effective flooring organization during his Insider Talks presentation. His discussion will touch on topics ranging from lead management, installation and field management to goal setting and planning.
- Brett Miller is president of education & certification at the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) where he is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation and presentation of the NWFA’s technical publications and guidelines, training schools, workshops, and online training, as well as the NWFA’s certification programs. With more than 28 years of experience in the hardwood flooring industry, Miller began as an installer and finisher of wood floors, then progressed to being a successful business owner, wood floor inspector, commercial and residential project manager, regional manager for a large finish manufacturer, technical standards writer and instructor. He will present hardwood floor remodeling and installation topics.
- Chris Ramey is president of The Home Trust International where high net worth families find the world’s finest products and services for their homes. He is the most quoted independent authority in the luxury segment and considered one of America’s foremost authorities on marketing and selling to the affluent. Ramey also leads Affluent Insights, a consulting firm where he works with small and large retailers, associations and manufacturers that want to increase sales and profitability. His presentations will focus on topics ranging from harnessing profit opportunities to tips for how to dominate a niche.
- Terry Wheat is a successful flooring retailer who is chairman and CEO of RFMS, a leading business management software company that creates computer programs designed specifically for running a flooring business. Terry holds the Certified Flooring Executive (CFE) designation from the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) and was inducted into the WFCA Hall of Fame in 2008 due to his lifetime achievement and contributions to the flooring industry. Wheat’s presentation will cover techniques for floor covering order entry.
- Michelle Workman is one of America’s most sought-after interior designers, with high-end residential and commercial projects spanning from the East to West Coast. Michelle possesses an esteemed and influential client roster, ranging from the Hollywood elite and Silicon Valley executives to Manhattan philanthropists. She specializes in elegant and glamorous trend-setting designs and is well-known for her ability to seamlessly layer vintage and modern pieces with patterns and textures, allowing her to create a storied and unique home for each of her clients. Her presentation will focus on color and design trends in the design industry.