Cummings Lumber Company is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated sales and procurement representative for the Barefoot Flooring Division. The ideal candidate must have the ability to build relationships, work both independently and with a team, and possess a strong work ethic. Prior sales experience required, preferably in the lumber/flooring industry, as well as the ability to analyze market conditions and communicate effectively.
- Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration by effectively selling the company’s products.
- Promotes, sells and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship based approach.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Develops clear and effective written proposal/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities.
- Participates in production activities to build and maintain operational understanding of production and quality capabilities and limitations
- Work alongside operational personnel to help provide recommendations and ideas to support continuous improvement activities
- Purchase kiln dried lumber to support both the flooring plant operations; to negotiate vendor terms, prices and schedules delivery using knowledge of budget and schedule requirements.
- Accomplish the procurement objectives by effectively analyzing market conditions, building strong relationships, communicating effectively and evaluating supplier quality.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current suppliers and prospective suppliers.
- Makes routine in-person visits to existing and prospective suppliers.
- Analyze the quality of supplier’s lumber and on-time delivery.
Issue accurate & precise Purchase Orders to suppliers and appropriate personnel at each facility.
- Settle all lumber claims to the satisfaction of CLC.
- Provide a weekly incoming lumber schedule to appropriate facilities.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
Job Knowledge / Skills / Requirements:
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Strong work ethic and initiative with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Results driven.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for sales and promotion of products.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Communication and Presentation Skills.
- At least 3 years outside sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Located in Troy Pennsylvania, Cummings Lumber Company, Inc., has successfully operated since 1929 producing quality hardwood products and exceptional service. We offer a competitive wage and full benefit package (health, life, vision, 401k, vacation) to all eligible employees. We require pre-employment drug screening. Cummings Lumber Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religions, ancestry, sex, age, national origin, disability, medical condition, veteran status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Please forward resumes to Cassy Dygert at email@example.com