MAPEI Corporation closed out its 80th anniversary (1937-2017) celebrations by announcing the winners of its 80th Anniversary Giveaway contest. Themed “Celebrate our past; enjoy our presents,” the contest invited contractors in all the industry segments the company serves to send in their purchase receipts and receive entries for some very sporting prizes, including quadcopter drones, a Colnago road bike, a 4-wheel ATV, and the grand prize of a side-by-side off-road vehicle.
Approximately 30,000 entries were recorded, and winners were drawn by an independent sweepstakes administrator. The prize winners are:
- Grand Prize Winner (Side-by-Side off-road vehicle) –
- Brian Schmidt of Mr. David’s Flooring International, Ltd. – Itasca, Illinois
- 1st Prize (4-wheel ATV)
- Micheal Messina of Messina Floor Coverings, LLC – Cleveland, Ohio
- 2nd prize (Colnago V-1R road bike designed by Ferrari) –
- Darya Rheinschmidt of Rheinschmidt Tile and Marble – Burlington, Iowa
- 3rd prize winners (DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter drone) –
- Greg Hendrickson of EER, Inc. – Pomona, California
- Josh Turner of Turner Ceramic Tile – Kansas City, Kansas
- Diane Addison of Addison Global Interiors – Portland, Oregon
Always conscious of safety, Mr. Luigi Di Geso, President and CEO of MAPEI North America, presented Brian Schmidt with a helmet during a press conference at the International Surfaces Event, which took place January 29 – February 2 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“This is for you to use when driving your Side-by-Side around the Mr. David’s headquarters in west Chicago,” Di Geso said laughingly. He continued, “On a more serious note, we are very pleased to be the supplier of choice to so many knowledgeable contractors with solid histories of experience and expertise. We congratulate all the winners in the MAPEI 80th Anniversary Giveaway, and we thank all of our customers for their business.”