Bostik Brings in NWFA for Major Hardwood Flooring Training Events in Mexico

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Recently, Bostik, Inc. organized a state-of-the-art training three-day event in Guadalajara, Mexico. The team recognized the growing potential throughout Mexico regarding installation of hardwood flooring as well as the need for an ongoing educational program to help wood flooring professionals.

Scott Banda, Bostik’s Director of Marketing and Business Development stated, “We had a very successful event last year in Mexico in tandem with the National Wood Flooring Association. Right after that, we knew if we were to commit to an ongoing program, it would be win-win for all involved.”

Daniel Sanchez, National Sales Manager of Bostik Mexicana said, “Together with NWFA instructors Lenny Hall and Jon Namba, we had a successful, intensive training session, the first of its kind ever in Guadalajara. A great many of the attendees were from Grupo Tenerife, a major source for hardwood flooring with warehouses and showrooms in 25 cities across Mexico.

“Our Modus Operandi was very simple. Along with our partners from NWFA, we wanted to teach everyone in the room the most up-to-date techniques to install hardwood flooring. And, we encouraged not just installation pros to attend, but sales representatives, as well. After all, the more everyone knows about this category of flooring, the better they can educate their consumers,” commented Eric Kurtz – Market Manager for Bostik’s Hardwood, Resilient & Surface Preparation product categories.

Sanchez mentioned that a good portion of the initial training focused on the importance of measuring moisture within the hardwood material… and, in concrete subfloors. “From there, we got really specific about total floor prep techniques… and after that, ultimately focused on the benefits offered by Ultra Step Single Set2, Bostik’s highest-performing wood flooring adhesive containing the company’s proprietary Axios technology.”

“I’m proud to state that most of the attendee-participants were women, many of whom being salespeople. Our belief, and theirs, was that in order to best sell the material, one most know it inside and out.  70% of the training was hands-on. We were delighted on how involved everyone was!” continued Sanchez. “Everyone got their hands dirty! The remaining 30% of the sessions consisted of classroom training, with strong engagement taking place between instructors and students.”

Sanchez mentioned that a similar event, but with mostly installation contractors, took place earlier this spring in Mexico City.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.