Previously recognized as the Principles of Wood Flooring, the first three-day Basic Sand & Finish class of the year took place March 7-9. Presented by NWFA Vice President of Education and Certification, Brett Miller, the completely revised training event was well-received by our students.
“Our students were eager to get their hands on the machines and have the ability to practice techniques with an instructor right there,” says Brett Miller. “It’s a huge advantage to have everyone there to help each other learn and for our students to be able to get hands-on experience without the fear of reporting back to a homeowner.”
In addition to all of the industry knowledge and hands-on experience you gain from attending an NWFA training event, they also are a great place to network with other students and learn more about products and equipment from manufacturer representatives.
We’d like to give a special thank you to all of the instructors, companies, and students who made last week’s event a success.
- Adolfo Gomringer – DuraSeal, Cleveland, Ohio
- Scott King – Bona US, Aurora, Colorado
- Wayne Lee – Middle Tennessee Lumber, Springville, Tennessee
- Todd McDonald – Glitsa, a division of Rudd Company, Livonia, Michigan
- Toby Merrill – DuraSeal, McHenry, Illinois
- Brett Miller – NWFA, St. Louis, Missouri
- Mark Mukosiej – Arboritec USA, Inc, Flat Rock, North Carolina
- Matt Thrane – Gehl Flooring Supply, Inc., Butler, Wisconsin
- Tony Ziola – Mapei Corporation, Deerfield Beach, Florida
PARTNERS IN EDUCATION
- 3M – Safety gear and abrasives
American Sanders – Equipment and finish
- Bona US – Tools, finish, stain, filler, and instructor
- Denver Hardwood Company
DuraSeal – Finish, stain, abrasives, filler, and instructors
- Lägler USA – Equipment and abrasives
- Mapei Corporation – Equipment, finish, and instructor
- Middle Tennessee Lumber Co. – Instructor and tools
- Mullican Flooring
- Shaw Industries
- WD Flooring
- Weyerhaeuser Company
- Aacer Flooring
- Allegheny Mountain Hardwood
- Arboritec USA, Inc – Finishes, tools, and instructor
- Basic Coatings
- Delmhorst Instrument Company
- E.J. Welch Company
- Fortifiber Building Systems Group
- Franklin International
- General Finishes – Finish and stains
- Glitsa, a division of Rudd Company – Finishes, tools, and instructor
- Howell Hardwood Flooring
- Mannington Mills
- Norton Abrasives – Abrasives
- Powernail Company, Inic.
- Primatech, Inc.
- Rubio Monocoat USA LLC
- Rust-Oleum Corporation
- Sheoga Hardwood Flooring
- Somerset Wood Products Inc.
- Springcreek Flooring by McLain Forest Products
- Starcke Abrasives USA – Abrasives
- Timbermate Group – Fillers
- Wagner Meters
- Waterlox Coatings Corp.
- Gehl Flooring – Tools and instructor
- Woodwise – Rags
- Padco – Application tools
- Sean Candy, Champion Floor Co.
- Elizabeth Carpenter, Star Flooring Inc.
- Kemo Dedic, Champion Floor Co.
- Ryan Funk, M&M Contracting & Flooring Solutions
- Mike Granberg, Starcke Abrasives USA Inc.
- Kevin Hamed, Kirkwood Flooring & Blinds
- David Johnson, Servpro of River Oaks
- Mike McClain, M&M Contracting & Flooring Solutions
- Jason Minier, Star Flooring Inc.
- Scott Mueller, NHance Wood Renewal
- Jesus Pierce, Star Flooring Inc.
- Daniel Rivera, Star Flooring Inc.
- Jesse Sample, Wichita Wood Floor Specialists
- Franko Shenault, Lenmar
- James Sherwood, Wichita Wood Floor Specialists
- Cody Vela, Star Flooring Inc.
- James Ziesk, Hawkins Home Services, LLC
- William Ziesk, Hawkins Home Services, LLC