POSITION TITLE: Technical Services and Training Specialist
POSITION REPORTS TO: Professional Training Specialist
POSITIONS MANAGED: None
This individual is responsible for providing technical and hands-on training and demonstrations to professional hardwood floor contractors, distributors, colleagues and consumers on Bona’s complete line of machines, abrasives, adhesives, stains, finishes and maintenance products. Responsibilities will specifically be focused on educating consumers on Bona’s product lines. This position is also responsible for providing technical phone and email support, facilitating Bona’s contractor training schools, testing products and providing customer support throughout the organization and industry. The Technical Services and Training Specialist also contributes to a positive team atmosphere. Individuals are also required to stay up-to-date on the evolving technical knowledge for industry products, regulations and trends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a high school diploma, general education degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Formal training and experience in hardwood floor installation and maintenance, technical support, and/or sales.
- Formal training and experience in machine maintenance and quality control.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation, enthusiasm, organizational skills, and be goal-oriented
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Provide accurate technical support via the phone and email for all customer inquiries.
- Keep detailed documentation of all support interactions via SAP C4C process
- Train and educate hardwood floor contractors, distributors and other industry professionals.
- Facilitate, lead and/or assist with Bona Training Schools (4-Day, BCCP, Distributor, Advanced).
- Assist in the testing of products and the reporting of results in a timely and conclusive manner.
- Support the hardwood floor industry, Bona sales teams, and related events and activities; including, but not limited to trade shows, industry training schools, and Bona regional training center activities.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of industry products, regulations and trends.
- Review current operating procedures, identify areas of improvement, and implement more effective measures as needed.
- Able and willing to work necessary hours to meet all project deadlines, travel when necessary.
- Develop new operating processes as they pertain to daily technical support and training activities.
- Develop mutually beneficial, respectful, and effective relationships with peers to ensure seamless coordination between departments, maximize synergy, and maintain a shared vision, strategy, and focus.
- Other Duties- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Active Communications (Verbal, Written, Listening Skills) – Clearly expresses ideas, information, and concerns both verbally and in written format in both positive and negative situations. Actively listens, offers full attention when others speak, gives verbal and nonverbal cues of interest, asks questions for clarification, and paraphrases to ensure understanding. Actively seeks and disseminates information from and to a variety of sources, accepts responsibility for ensuring that people have the current and accurate information needed for success, and asks questions to open channels of communication. Demonstrates group presentation skills, presents information and numerical data effectively, and actively participates in meetings.
- Team Player – Identifies with the larger organizational team and their role within it by balancing team and individual responsibilities, sharing resources, responding to requests from other parts of the organization, supporting larger legitimate organizational agendas, and putting the success of the team above personal interests. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, recognizes accomplishments of other team members, and builds morale and commitment to goals and objectives.
- Attendance and Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Adaptability – Utilizes a flexible approach or method to best match the environment, situation, or person. Manages competing demands and is able to adapt quickly and positively to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Orientation – Views the organization through the eyes of the customer, anticipates and meets customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds promptly, and effectively manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Develop Relationships – Builds and maintains relationships that incorporate cooperation, trust, and respect by devoting the appropriate time and energy to facilitate business transactions. Relates to others while building credibility and rapport, communicates in an honest and straightforward manner, and maintains networks.
- Composure – Maintains emotional control even under ambiguous or stressful circumstances, including unrealistic expectations, pressing time demands, frustrations, or interpersonal conflict. Demonstrates emotions appropriate to the situation, focuses on solving conflict, and continues performing steadily and effectively.
- Initiative – Operates in a proactive manner, identifies needs and opportunities, calculates risks, and takes independent action. Undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, asks for and offers help when needed, and volunteers readily.
- Organizing and Planning – Plans, organizes and effectively manages to maximize efficiency and productivity. Sets goals and objectives, prioritizes and plans work activities, identifies specific action steps and resources, anticipates problems and develops contingency plans.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making– Able to identify problems, solve them, and show good judgment by isolating causes from symptoms, gathering information from a variety of sources, compiling information and solutions, involving others as appropriate, readily committing to action, and making decisions that reflect sound judgment in a timely manner. Able to identify and choose between multiple options, work well in-group problem solving situations, understand consequences of potential decisions, and support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Sales/Persuasion – Establishes rapport and trust while determining customer needs, presents products or services that address the customer’s needs, overcomes objections, offers alternatives, persists and closes while maintaining rapport, and exerts influence over outcome through trust and competence.
- Technical Expertise – Maintains the minimum knowledge and skills required for the position, assesses strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities to continuously build skills, and serves as a resource for the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to bend, climb stairs, and continuously stand or walk 50% of the time.
- Must be able to occasionally move within the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- This position also requires some amount of time to be spent using computer equipment, which entails regular and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds
- Requires the use of hands for grasping and fine manipulations
- Must be able to communicate effectively by listening and also in both written and verbal forms.
- Generally, works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- This position regularly requires large amounts of time to be spent using and viewing computer screens and equipment, which generally entails regular and repetitive motions.
- May occasionally be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or chemicals. All safety procedures should be adhered to in each of these situations.
- Will regularly be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or chemicals. All safety procedures should be adhered to in each of these situations.