Are you looking to get more involved in the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA)? Would you like to brush up your skills via an online class or in-person training? Below is a snapshot of some of the opportunities available from the NWFA in June 2023.
- June 1-2: Circles, Curves, and Bending Wood Workshop I Lägler North America – Denver, CO. A two-day in-person course designed for experienced wood floor professionals. Learn to produce applications by hand within the floor that can accentuate architectural features, geometric medallions, transitions, nosing, or may stand alone within any flooring system. Read more.
- June 1: Wood Floor Claims, Evaluations, and Inspections Workshop | Assured Flooring & Countertops – Baton Rouge, LA. A one-day in-person course that includes properly identifying an issue, its potential causes and cures, and dealing with disgruntled customers. Includes different testing methods and resources to determine the causes of the claim, working with inspectors, and understanding the inspection process. Read more.
- June 6-8: Intermediate Sand and Finish + CP Testing I Galleher LLC – San Jose, CA. A three-day in-person intermediate level course for those with some wood flooring experience. Includes in-depth training on general equipment maintenance, sanding multiple flooring types/species, unfinished/factory finished, engineered/multidirectional/parquet flooring. Also includes floor flattening methods, minimizing the scratch patterns and efficient use of the professional sanding equipment. On the finishing side, the attendee will learn about and practice with stain application, sealers, natural oils, waxes, colorants, reactive conditioners, finish application, scraping, recoats and final coat application, repairs, and board replacement. Read more.
- June 6-9: Basic Installation and Sand & Finish Combination I Basic Coatings – Bowling Green, OH. A four-day introductory level hands-on training course for anyone who is new to the wood flooring industry. Provides a broad overview of the wood flooring industry by combining the Basic Install with the Basic Sand & Finish courses. The curriculum includes a history of wood floors, understanding wood, an intro to wood flooring tools and equipment along with their uses, installation of unfinished and factory finished solid and engineered flooring, nail, glue, and floating installation methods. Fundamentals of sanding and finishing wood flooring, practice with application of stains, sealers, and finishes, and gives the attendee the opportunity to participate in the entire wood flooring process from installation to finishing. Read more.
- June 19: Wood Floor Sales Workshop I Lockwood Flooring – Omaha, NE. A one-day in-person course providing instruction about different types of wood and their technical attributes as flooring products, how to sell wood against “wood-look” floor coverings, and the benefits of real wood flooring. Also includes minimizing claims and call-backs, guiding the customer to the right species and floor type for their lifestyle, understanding appropriate installation methods, and finishes for each project, and developing stronger customer relationships and loyalty throughout the selling process. Read more.
- June 20-22: Intermediate Installation + CP Testing I Loba-Wakol LLC – Wadesboro, NC. This three-day course includes in depth training on jobsite preparation, layout, understanding the science of wood, analysis of solid and engineered flooring, practice and instruction for nail/glue/floating installation methods of unfinished, factory finished, solid, and engineered flooring, as well as learning a variety of floor repair techniques and how to incorporate simple design elements into a floor. Read more.
- June 29: Product Theater Thursday – Bostik. Acoustical quality of life is expected by those living in high-end, multi-unit, metropolitan, living spaces. With the growing trend of replacing carpet & padding in residential buildings, more innovative products are now available to meet today’s more stringent, multi-faceted code requirements. Join the Bostik team to learn how to enhance sound abatement within a hardwood flooring system. Register now.
Not an NWFA member? Join today to connect with other wood flooring professionals from around the world, and receive access to technical standards, education, and networking opportunities.