Are you looking to get more involved in the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA)? Would you like to brush up your skills via an online class or in-person training? Below is a snapshot of some of the opportunities available from the NWFA in February 2023.
- January 31-February 2: The NWFA and Hardwood Floors magazine will be exhibiting at The International Surface Event (TISE) in Las Vegas. Stop by the NWFA Pavilion, located at booth 1351, to see the NWFA, Hardwood Floors Magazine, and the following NWFA member companies joining us in the pavilion: AdvanTech, Ashawa Bay Hardwood Floors, Basic Coatings, Boen Hardwood/Somerset Hardwood, Mercier Wood Flooring, Pacific Hardwood, Samaya’s EcoFlooring, Sheoga Hardwood Flooring, and Top Step Vents. Read more.
- February 1: The NWFA’s Wood Floor of the Year (WFOY) awards encourage and recognize innovative craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 300 awards have been presented to NWFA member companies throughout the world. Submissions for the 2023 WFOY are now open. Each entry must be received by 5:00 pm (Central Standard Time) on February 1, 2023. No extensions will be granted. Read more.
- February 1: An NWFA Certified Sales Advisor course will be offered at TISE in Las Vegas on Wednesday, February 1, 2023, from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. At the end of the course there is a written test that attendees can take to earn their certification. Attendees will receive eight CEUs. Speakers are Brett Miller, VP of technical standards, training, and certification for the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) and Jon Namba, owner of Namba Services Inc. and NWFA Regional Instructor. Read more.
- February 14-17: Basic Installation, Sand and Finish Combo| NWFA Headquarters. A four-day introductory level hands-on training course for anyone who is new to the wood flooring industry. Provides a broad overview of the wood flooring industry by combining the Basic Install with the Basic Sand & Finish courses. Read more.
- February 23: Claims, Evaluations, & Inspections | Middle Tennessee Lumber – Clarksville, TN. A one-day course that includes properly identifying an issue, its potential causes and cures, and dealing with disgruntled customers. Includes different testing methods and resources to determine the causes of the claim, working with inspectors, and understanding the inspection process. Read more.
- February 24: Wood Floor Repairs | Middle Tennessee Lumber – Clarksville, TN. A one-day course providing an introduction to advanced-level repair work on finished floors, injection repairs, board replacements, factory-finished repairs, color matching, color theory, scratch and gouge repair, grain replacement, and collecting payment for the job. Read more.
- February 28-March 3: Intermediate Installation + CP Testing | Galleher – San Jose, CA. This three-day course includes in depth training on jobsite preparation, layout, understanding the science of wood, analysis of solid and engineered flooring, practice and instruction for nail/glue/floating installation methods of unfinished, factory finished, solid, and engineered flooring, and more. Read more.
Not an NWFA member? Join today to connect with other wood flooring professionals from around the world, and receive access to technical standards, education, and networking opportunities.