LP Building Solutions (LP) has released its 2022 Sustainability Report. LP says its second annual environmental, social, and governance (ESG) report celebrates its 50-year history of sustainability and innovation while highlighting progress against its ESG goals across five critical pillars: governance, people, environment, products, and community.
“For a half century, the pioneering spirit of our employees—past and present—has enabled LP to provide innovative building solutions to meet the changing needs of our customers,” said Brad Southern, chair and CEO of LP. “That same pioneering spirit plays a critical role in the execution of our ESG priorities as LP continues to harness innovation to pioneer new products that are not only increasingly sustainable and efficient, but more durable and resilient than ever.”
The company cites the following as highlights from the report:
- LP’s continued leadership on responsible forest management and reforestation, including through SFI® and PEFC® certification, as well as its use of industry-leading forest management practices.
- LP’s climate strategy and how the company’s products are helping in the transition to a lower-carbon future. The strategy builds upon LP’s previously published TCFD report.
- LP’s advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion both within and beyond LP, including the creation of a new position solely dedicated to advancing companywide DEI awareness.
- LP’s enhanced employee engagement and well-being programs, including new programs and expanded benefits rolled out in 2022.
- LP’s strengthened efforts to give back to communities through a new partnership with the Gary Sinise Foundation R.I.S.E. program and continued outreach through the LP Foundation.
To read LP’s 2022 Sustainability Report, visit this link.