The Floor Covering Industry Foundation (FCIF) is launching its inaugural “One Day to Give,” a 24-hour online fundraising drive, on Thursday, June 2. One Day to Give unites the floor covering industry to make a lasting impact on families faced with unexpected medical battles who need help getting back on their feet. FCIF is a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit that has been assisting floor covering workers and their families since 1981. The organization provides a way for the industry to “take care of its own” by providing financial assistance grants to those who are struggling with severe illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
“We are very excited to announce our first-ever One Day to Give at FCIF,” says Andrea Blackbourn, the organization’s Executive Director. “This unique fundraising event allows individuals and businesses in the flooring community to get involved and impact our co-workers in profound ways. Giving is such a personal choice. We are thankful for each individual and company who gives, no matter the amount.”
In 2021 alone, FCIF provided 51 grants to families in the floorcovering industry, awarding nearly $600,000 to help with doctor’s visits, surgeries, medical equipment, prescriptions, and also basic needs such as mortgage, rent, utilities, and food. Beneficiaries included:
- a creeler with invasive stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her bones,
- a flooring installer and his teenage daughter who are both battling leukemia,
- a lift-truck operator who had part of his foot amputated,
- a sales manager whose husband has lung cancer and a brain tumor, and
- a shipping clerk whose 3-year-old daughter is deaf and has developmental delays requiring special therapy.
To participate in One Day to Give, FCIF offers multiple ways to make an impact:
- Visit fcif.org/give or click here to give with a credit card.
- Print a pledge card and mail along with a check to 855 Abutment Road, STE 2, Dalton, GA 30721. Put “One Day to Give” in the memo.
- Advocate using #FCIFOneDaytoGive on social media
- Update your social media profile and post about your participation with the One Day to Give digital toolkit.