LM Flooring announced that the company has introduced four new collections as well as extensions to four of its most popular lines, totaling 55 new SKUs launching Fall 2021. LM Flooring’s portfolio includes wide-width, long-length, textured products in both sliced- and sawn-faced configurations.
“Our aggressive hardwood strategy has been geared toward mix improvement and providing our retailers value-added products that they can profitably sell to their customer,” said Kevin Whaley, vice president of sales and product, LM. “We have focused on various ways to provide the best product at the best price for customers, backed by our well-known quality.”
Two new collections, The Reserve and The Glenn, offer the same colors and proprietary reactive staining techniques. The Reserve offers a 7.5” fixed width and The Glenn a multi-width 4”, 5”, 6.5” option in the same box. Both collections are 1/2” thick with lengths up to 75 inches. The company shared that it makes its own reactive stains for these collections in-house, giving the wood an aged patina, allowing natural color variation and character to come through each plank.
LM Flooring has expanded capabilities to manufacture wider and longer products and create more sophisticated surfacing and texturing techniques such as wire-brushing and reactive stains, like those used in The Reserve and The Glenn collections.
“We have developed a very structured process to ensure consistent color standards in this highly variegated visual. Instead of a stain that covers or masks the grain and inherent beauty of the white oak species, our process reacts with the natural tannins in the wood to enhance the grain and to bring the true color capability of the species right to the surface,” explained Whaley. “The best way to describe the difference between a traditionally-stained product and our proprietary process is like the difference between watching a tube television from the early 90s and a high-definition LED Flatscreen available today.”
Other new introductions are:
- Solano, a 9/16” thick dry-sawn select grade European white oak. Solano is lightly wire-brushed with a light and natural color influence for the eight SKUs in the collection. The planks are 7.5” wide with lengths to 75″.
- Waterford, a dry-sawn 9/16” thick North American hard maple, is a new floor created in response to the growing request from customers to offer alternative species to white oak in wide and long formats.
Line extensions to the LM engineered hardwood portfolio include:
- Hermitage – Wide plank 9” dry-sawn European white oak in planks up to 86”, in three new colors – Sylvan, Vander, Georgetown – in lighter and natural tones.
- Bentley Premier – Bentley Premier is a select grade white oak in 1/2” format with a 2 mm sliced face. LM expanded this collection to showcase more lights, naturals, whites and taupes.
- Lauderhill – This entry price point product in a 3/8” x 6.5” x 72” length format is available in six new colors: Weldon, Camino, Penrose, Covington, Castle Blanc and Anchor.