NWFA Chairman, Chris Zizza, represented the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) at the fifth World Flooring Forum (WFF) and the 22nd China Flooring Industry Summit Forum.
The event took place March 25, in Shanghai, China, the day before the opening of DOMOTEX/asia CHINAFLOOR 2019, and carried the theme “Energizing New Growth Drivers and Forming New Patterns.” The goal of the event is to attract the talents of the global flooring industry chain, predict market trends, and share innovative ideas to jointly boost the integration of the industrial chain, domestic market development, and cooperation on international exchange and trade.
A highlight of the conference was a global market overview presented by eight keynote speakers from Europe, the U.S., Australia, and China. Presenters shared their perspectives on the current status and future market trend of the flooring industry in China, Europe, and North America. Zizza presented consumer flooring preferences and current trends in the U.S. wood flooring market.
Other speakers included:
- Man Wang, Secretary General, China Forest Industry Federation (CFIF) and Executive President, China National Forest Products Industry Association (CNFPIA)
- Feng Shi, President, China National Forest Products Industry Association (CNFPIA)
- Bin Lv Secretary General, Flooring Committee of CNFPIA
- Bruce Zwicker, Former CEO, J.J. Haines & Co.
- Karl Scheucher, Managing Director, European Producers of Laminate Flooring Association
- Xinjian Luo, Director, Research Institute of Forestry Policy and Information (RIFPI)
- Jun Du, Purchasing Director, VANKE Group.
WFF is organized by the China National Forest Products Industry Association (CNFPIA), the Chinese Academy of Forestry, and hosted by the Flooring Board Special Committee of CNFPIA, the Research Institute of Wood Industry and VNU Exhibitions Asia. WFF also received official support from the State Forestry Administration and the Shanghai Municipal Government.