Real Antique Wood is looking for a competent wood mill foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers within its full-service wood mill. As the point of reference for both workers and supervisors, the foreman will be the key person for the completion of all projects.
The foreman has a solid background in the field, with leadership skills and extensive experience. Additionally, this individual will have the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. The foreman must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise workers
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to managers and supervisors
- Must be able to speak English and Spanish fluently
- Proven experience as a mill foreman
- In-depth knowledge of procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems, and woodworking equipment and maintenance
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math
- Problem-solving abilities
- Common sense is a must
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade
ABOUT REAL ANTIQUE WOOD
Real Antique Wood is a family owned and operated reclaimed wood mill located in Irvington, New Jersey, who takes down 100+ year old barns, brings the antique wood back to the mill, and turns it into sustainable reclaimed hardwood flooring, salvaged barn siding, custom farmhouse furniture, and more. All wood is 100% recycled American timbers aged by time and the elements.
Contact Anthony Saraceno at firstname.lastname@example.org.