Job Title: Estimator
Location: New York
Travel Required: Occasional
Level/Salary Range: $55k Starting – BOE
Position Type: Full Time
HR Contact: Matthew Tong
Will Train Applicant(s): Yes
MBT SPECIALTIES ACTIVE BUSINESS SECTORS: Luxury Residential, Hospitality, & Residential Developments.
Scope: Wide Plank Flooring, Stairs, Millwork, Doors, and Furniture (All aspects are custom & made-to-order)
Productive Field Operations Manager Overview
The estimator is responsible for taking sales leads provided by sales team and quantifying the project scope and generating a proposal.
Specific Responsibilities of the position include:
- Works on projects from the inquiry phase to complete budget pricing, detailed pricing, value engineering, proposal generation and presentation. Occasionally assist Sales and Executive teams with new project inquiry estimates.
- Estimator transitions project to project manager once order is placed. Estimator remains partially involved through shop drawing phase (as a supportive role) as PM is solely responsible for shop drawings.
- Estimator supports sales team and project management team
- Main point of contact with S&H
- Estimator tales drawings and turns them into quantities.
- Prices materials with Schotten & Hansen
- Works with sales team to get scope questions answered.
- Prices installation with in-house multipliers and rates
- Generates proposal in collaboration with sales team
- Work on multiple projects in various stages of completion.
- Coordinating and development of the project budget & Schedule.
- Coordination with the Schotten & Hansen production team in Germany in terms of:
- Project pricing, technical details, project schedule, quality control, and transport logistics.
- Communicate frequently with General Contractor, Designer, and Architect.
- Coordinate, request, and review project shop drawings.
- Coordinate and manage product import logistics from Germany to the United States. Includes:
- Request and aggregate data to create Project Transport Form.
- Coordinating with Freight Forwarding vendors for Ocean & Airfreight quotes, book cargo, inquire US Customs clearance status, schedule local US trucking & onsite material delivery.
- Confirming Ocean and/or Airfreight cargo booking status at critical points.
- Compile project details and create the Project Installation Package for onsite teams.
- Organize and lead project hand over meeting with onsite project team leader.
- Provide technical & coordination support for installation team including regular project site visits.
- Prepare and submit field questions.
- Negotiating and finalizing contract change orders with general contractor and subcontractors.
- Create, issue, and follow up with project invoices.
- Review field time cards and reconcile to project budget.
- Maintain digital project folder.
- Reviewing subcontractor/vendor invoices and requests for payment.
- Manage project close-out activities.
- Uphold MBT Specialties quality control standards.
- Attention to detail: Our work & clientele require excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision, maintaining high quality standards; pro-active self-starter who is interested in learning and taking on new responsibilities.
- Exercise sound judgment in work product and interactions with clients, general contractors, field staff, and subcontractors.
- College Graduate
- Previous experience as an Assistant Project Manager or Project Engineer.
- 1-3 years of experience in design, architecture and/or construction related fields in New York City.
- Proficiency Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word. Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project. CAD would be a plus.
**Professional references required.