Six wood flooring industry artists were presented with the coveted Wood Floor of the Year awards for their talent during the NWFA 2018 Wood Flooring Expo in Tampa, Florida.
The Wood Floor of the Year awards were developed to encourage and recognize innovative craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 200 awards have been presented to NWFA member companies throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in Russia and Finland.
Winning entries were chosen by a panel of judges selected for their industry and design knowledge. All entries in the competition featured flooring installations completed between January 2017 and January 2018.
New this year, was the Best of Social Media award. All floors entered in the contest were featured on NWFA’s social channels, allowing followers to share, like, and comment on their favorite. The floor that received the most engagement won this award.
As in previous years, NWFA members from across the globe voted online for their favorite entry to determine the association’s highest award – the Members’ Choice. This process gave each of the NWFA’s 3,400-plus members a chance to evaluate the entries based on technical difficulty, quality of installation, and overall appearance.
This year, the honor went to ArtParquet based in Khimki, Russia. To find out more about that floor and the other WFOY winners, view the links below.
- Best Circular/Curved Application: Acorn Hardwood Flooring Inc., Sylmar, California
Aged Timber Company Inc., Sylmar, California
- Best Color & Finish Application: Treadline Construction, Tualatin, Oregon
- Best Parquetry/Inlay Application: ArtParquet, Khimki, Russia
- Best Restoration/Makeover: Endurance Floor Co. Inc., West Park, Florida
- Best Textured Wood Application: WD Flooring, Laona, Wisconsin
- Best of Social Media: BC Hardwood Floor Company Ltd., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Members’ Choice ArtParquet, Khimki, Russia