City Floor Supply recently celebrated a major milestone. April 5 marked 25 years in business for the flooring distributor. The company’s journey to reach the quarter century mark has been anything but conventional. City Floor’s humble beginnings started in a 4,500 sq. ft. warehouse located at 1222 Ridge Pike in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. City Floor Supply, then known as Philadelphia Floor Store, officially opened its doors on April 5, 1993.
“It took a good deal of sweat equity to get the business up and running,” said Michael Glavin, Founder of City Floor Supply. For a year prior to securing warehouse space, the company operated as a home-based business. The company’s original delivery vehicles included a retired ambulance they repurposed as a delivery van and a 15 year old 26’ foot box truck that they purchased from the American Red Cross. The store’s shelves came from a closed drug store in southern Delaware that the CFS team dismantled and re assembled.
The company would go on to move several times and survive a devastating fire. They rebranded from Philadelphia Floor Store to City Floor Supply in 2015 to reflect the company’s growth over the years from a local flooring distributor to a national e-commerce business. Their current North American Headquarters is located in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. The 40,000 square foot facility features a warehouse and distribution center, contractor pro shop, hardwood floor machine repair shop, administrative offices and a hardwood floor showroom. The company also has a large fleet of delivery vehicles.
“We’ve come a long way from those humble beginnings, “continued Galvin “We couldn’t have done it without our customers. We are incredibly thankful and humbled, and we look forward to serving them for another 25+ years.”