Metropolitan is a manufacturer and distributor of premium quality wood, laminate, and vinyl flooring. Founded in 1992 in Vancouver, Canada, the company has grown from a single sales outlet into a multi-national organization with operating divisions in Canada, the USA and Asia. At Metropolitan quality is king, both in our products and the staff we hire. We are exceptionally service-oriented and this consideration is carried throughout our whole business. To learn more about Metropolitan, visit http://metrofloors.com/about.
The primary function of the Technical Services Manager is to support the Western Canadian sales team with relevant technical information, as well as, the handling of install-related service calls. Secondary responsibilities will be to develop, improve, and contribute to the overall education of our clientele and staff.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to inquiries from both reps and clients of a technical nature.
- Participate in the weekly service meetings to monitor the status and progress of claims.
- Participate on inspections and compose inspection reports to clients.
- Be current with NWFA and other regulatory bodies with standards and practices.
- Contribute to our dealer technical communications and online training.
- Review corporate literature on regular and ongoing basis and update as required.
- Collaborate with your fellow Technical Service Managers in other regions to best service our clientele.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Periodic travel, seminar and trade show attendance.
- NWFA and other relevant course attendance.
- Coordination and execution of technical training on both MetroU ( B2B portal ) and in person.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation/people skills, time management , ability to work independently and as part of a team, relationship development and sustainment, professional hardwood flooring knowledge, self-discipline, ability to drive a motor vehicle, oral and written English, analytical skills, and computer skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Some moderate lifting ability of samples, tools and displays is required from time to time.
All employees, unless exceptions apply, are to wear appropriate business casual clothing. It is your responsibility to report to work dressed appropriately, as well as having a neat and tidy appearance at all times. The employees must be aware of the sensitivity, confidentiality and urgency of requests while balancing other work commitments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technical Services Manager Application”.