Description: We are a high-end wood flooring showroom in the Flatiron District searching for a dynamic and competent Administrative Assistant. As a growing family-owned company, we are looking for a hardworking professional that can keep up with a challenging fast-paced environment in a kind and courteous manner.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing administrative and operational support to Sales Team and Management while dealing with challenging client requests and keeping detailed notes and records.
- Generating quotes and invoices, with a keen attention to detail and with strong organizational skills.
- Responding to product questions and requests for information.
- Acting as a backup for the Receptionist, answering, and screening telephone calls in a professional and timely manner; taking accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong understanding and experience with Quickbooks, including general A/R, A/P functions: estimates, invoices, payments
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office with expertise in Outlook, Word, Excel
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment for troubleshooting (printer, PCs, wifi, etc)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Patience, Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge/experience in wood flooring, green building, LEED, and/or sustainability is a plus