TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER – Galleher
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Who We Are
Galleher is the largest wood flooring distributor on the West Coast. We are family-owned and have a company culture that builds a sense of family among our employees. We value honesty, integrity, customer service, and hard work. Galleher’s products include wood flooring of all types, carpet, vinyl, LVT, coatings, and installation tools and sundries.
Our mission is to deliver top-notch customer service. We are a source of expertise and guidance to our customers, operating with the highest level of integrity. Long-term customer relationships are the cornerstone of our business.
Our Ideal Candidates Will Connect With Galleher’s Core Values:
Excellence – We aim to exceed expectations in every task we perform.
Integrity – We do our best to deliver consistently honest, fair and reliable service.
Family – We strive to foster a sense of family in all of our relationships.
Inspiration – We continuously explore new ways to improve our service and ourselves.
The Technical Services Manager will be a full-time position devoted to assisting our customers with problematic flooring installations, educating staff and customers, and helping to ensure that the products we deliver are the best possible quality. We are looking for an organized, courteous, professional individual with a passion for flooring and an extensive background in flooring installation and/or claim inspections.
Position Description – Technical Services Manager
- Assist the Sales staff in responding to technical and installation-related questions.
- Work with vendors to help organize and conduct customer demos and trainings.
- Assess initial product complaints and determine if an inspection is needed.
- Provide guidance to Sales staff prior to and during initial inspections.
- When schedule and distance permit, perform jobsite inspections.
- Review claim forms and inspection reports, make decisions on needed remedies and/or recommend further inspection by an independent third party.
- Write professional, clear and detailed response letters explaining the company’s decisions.
- When a potential manufacturing problem arises, inspect inventory to identify good and bad batches.
- Maintain organized, detailed records on all claims and manufacturing issues.
- Work with Senior Management to help negotiate claim settlements.
- Negotiate claim reimbursements from vendors and track vendor credits.
- Assist Marketing in writing and updating installation and warranty documents.
- 10+ years of flooring installation and/or claims inspection experience, with at least 5 years specifically working with wood flooring. NWFA-certified inspectors preferred.
- In-depth understanding of flooring technical issues
- Superior communication and organization skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Enthusiasm for technical education, training, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 lbs.
- Valid California Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Full time position, with full medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid vacation benefits
- Car allowance
- The Technical Services Manager may be based out of either our San Jose, CA or Santa Fe Springs, CA locations. Some occasional short travel may be required, but this is primarily an office-based position.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.