Are you looking to get more involved in the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA)? Would you like to brush up your skills via an online class or in-person training? Below is a snapshot of some of the opportunities available from the NWFA in October 2023.
- October 3-5: Intermediate Installation + CP Testing | Assured Flooring & Countertops – Baton Rouge, LA. This three-day course includes in depth training on jobsite preparation, layout, understanding the science of wood, analysis of solid and engineered flooring, practice and instruction for nail/glue/floating installation methods of unfinished, factory finished, solid, and engineered flooring, as well as learning a variety of floor repair techniques and how to incorporate simple design elements into a floor. Read more.
- October 10-12: Intermediate Sand and Finish + CP Testing | Vancouver, Canada. A three-day in-person intermediate level course for those with some wood flooring experience. Includes in-depth training on general equipment maintenance, sanding multiple flooring types/species, unfinished/factory finished, engineered/multidirectional/parquet flooring. Also includes floor flattening methods, minimizing the scratch patterns and efficient use of the professional sanding equipment. Read more.
- October 16: Wood Floor Sales Workshop | Lockwood Flooring – Lenexa, KS. A one-day in-person course providing instruction about different types of wood and their technical attributes as flooring products, how to sell wood against “wood-look” floor coverings, and the benefits of real wood flooring. Also includes minimizing claims and call-backs, guiding the customer to the right species and floor type for their lifestyle, understanding appropriate installation methods and finishes for each project, and developing stronger customer relationships and loyalty throughout the selling process. Read more.
- October 23-November 3: NERF Auction. End the year on a high note with the NWFA Education & Research Foundation (NERF) Online Auction happening October 23 to November 3. Get ready to experience fantastic end-of-year specials and prizes, all while supporting next year’s NWFA training initiatives and scholarship programs. Read more.
- October 24-27: Basic Installation (Bilingual) | Loba-Wakol LLC – Wadesboro, NC. A four-day introductory level hands-on training course for anyone who is new to the wood flooring industry. Provides a broad overview of the wood flooring industry by combining the Basic Install with the Basic Sand & Finish courses. The curriculum includes a history of wood floors, understanding wood, an intro to wood flooring tools and equipment along with their uses, installation of unfinished and factory finished solid and engineered flooring, nail, glue, and floating installation methods. Fundamentals of sanding and finishing wood flooring, practice with application of stains, sealers, and finishes, and gives the attendee the opportunity to participate in the entire wood flooring process from installation to finishing. Read more.
- October 24-26: Intermediate Sand and Finish + CP Testing (Bilingual) | Emco Machinery and Rentals – Montreal, QC. A three-day in-person intermediate level course for those with some wood flooring experience. Includes in-depth training on general equipment maintenance, sanding multiple flooring types/species, unfinished/factory finished, engineered/multidirectional/parquet flooring. Also includes floor flattening methods, minimizing the scratch patterns and efficient use of the professional sanding equipment. On the finishing side, the attendee will learn about and practice with stain application, sealers, natural oils, waxes, colorants, reactive conditioners, finish application, scraping, recoats and final coat application, repairs, and board replacement. Read more.
- October 26: Product Theater Thursday | Olde Wood Ltd. Olde Wood Limited, a manufacturer of custom-milled wide plank flooring and other products, works to preserve America’s historic past and minimize waste throughout the manufacturing process. Join Kris Young to learn about the company’s plywood manufacturing process and the benefits of American-made engineered plywood compared to other products. Register here.
Not an NWFA member? Join today to connect with other wood flooring professionals from around the world, and receive access to technical standards, education, and networking opportunities.