Are you looking to get more involved in the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA)? Would you like to brush up your skills via an online class or in-person training? Below is a snapshot of some of the opportunities available from the NWFA in September 2023.
- September 1: Deadline for “40 Under 40” award nominations. Hardwood Floors magazine is seeking nominations of individuals who have brought innovation, high standards, strong character, and a track record of success to both their work and their community. Nominations must be received by September 1, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. CT to be considered. Submit a nomination here.
- September 1: Wood Floor Repairs (Bilingual) | Derr Flooring Co. – Herndon, VA. A one-day in-person course providing an introduction to advanced-level repair work on finished floors, injection repairs, board replacements, factory-finished repairs, color matching, color theory, scratch and gouge repair, grain replacement, and collecting payment for the job. Read more.
- September 12-14: Intermediate Installation + CP Testing | Bona Regional Training Center – Toronto, ON. This three-day course includes in depth training on jobsite preparation, layout, understanding the science of wood, analysis of solid and engineered flooring, practice and instruction for nail/glue/floating installation methods of unfinished, factory finished, solid, and engineered flooring, as well as learning a variety of floor repair techniques and how to incorporate simple design elements into a floor. Read more.
- September 12-14: Intermediate Sand and Finish + CP Testing | Denver Hardwood Co. – Denver, CO. A three-day in-person intermediate level course for those with some wood flooring experience. Includes in-depth training on general equipment maintenance, sanding multiple flooring types/species, unfinished/factory finished, engineered/multidirectional/parquet flooring. Also includes floor flattening methods, minimizing the scratch patterns and efficient use of the professional sanding equipment. On the finishing side, the attendee will learn about and practice with stain application, sealers, natural oils, waxes, colorants, reactive conditioners, finish application, scraping, recoats and final coat application, repairs, and board replacement. Read more.
- September 18-19: Basic Installation (Spanish Only) | Middle TN Lumber Co. – Clarksville, TN. This class will be taught in Spanish only. An introductory level hands-on training course for anyone who is new to the wood flooring industry. Provides a broad overview of the wood flooring industry by combining the Basic Install with the Basic Sand and Finish courses. The curriculum includes a history of wood floors, understanding wood, an intro to wood flooring tools and equipment along with their uses, installation of unfinished and factory finished solid and engineered flooring, nail, glue, and floating installation methods. Fundamentals of sanding and finishing wood flooring, practice with application of stains, sealers, and finishes, and gives the attendee the opportunity to participate in the entire wood flooring process from installation to finishing. Read more.
- September 25-29: Inspector School + Test | Middle TN Lumber Co. – Clarksville, TN. A five-day in-person course designed to prepare wood flooring professionals to earn the NWFA Certified Wood Flooring Inspector credential, and build a business as an inspector. Includes inspector’s role/ legal responsibilities, how to identify wood flooring problems, conducting interviews, testing methods/tools, finding/using industry standards, conducting inspections, and report writing. Read more.
- September 28-29: NWFA Wood Flooring Manufacturers Assembly | New Orleans, LA. The Wood Flooring Manufacturers Assembly is an industry forum geared towards the needs and interests of NWFA wood flooring manufacturer members. Attendees come together for timely presentations and participate in discussions on the challenges and opportunities in the wood flooring industry. Read more.
Not an NWFA member? Join today to connect with other wood flooring professionals from around the world, and receive access to technical standards, education, and networking opportunities.