POSITION TITLE: Territory Manager
DEPARTMENT: Professional Field Sales
POSITION REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Manager or National Sales Manager
POSITIONS MANAGED: None
This individual is responsible for managing an assigned territory and developing incremental profitable sales growth through effective selling and building relationships with professional hardwood floor contractors and distributors. This individual is responsible for creating and communicating promotions, procedures, and policies with distributors. This individual is expected to exhibit both ownership and control over assigned territory. Territory managers are responsible for training, educating, demonstrating, and troubleshooting Bona’s complete line of machines, abrasives, stains, finishes, and maintenance products to Bona Certified Craftsman, professional contractors, and distribution personnel. This individual works closely with and effectively communicates to sales management, marketing and account services on a timely basis.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a high school diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
- Formal training and experience (5+ years) in hardwood floor installation and maintenance, technical support, sales, and/or product management.
- Fluency in either Spanish or French Canadian is a plus.
- Able to travel 2-3 days per week.
- Actively manage distribution and contractor relationships within an assigned territory.
- Train and Educate Contractors and Distribution personnel on Bona products.
- Effectively communicate procedures, policy, and promotions on a timely basis to distribution.
- Increase incremental sales growth by working with all levels of distribution.
- Effectively communicate territory activities, both verbally and via monthly written reports, with sales, account services and product management on a timely basis.
- Support industry and Company related events and activities, including but not limited to trade shows, training schools, and regional training center activities.
- Manage, maintain, and regularly report on the Bona van, if applicable, and assigned inventory.
- Review current operating procedures, identify areas of improvement, and implement more effective measures.
- Develop mutually beneficial, respectful, and effective relationships with peers to ensure seamless coordination between departments, maximize synergy, and maintain a shared vision, strategy, and focus.
- Able and willing to work necessary hours to meet all project deadlines, travel 2-3 days per week or longer when necessary.
- Other Duties- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Professionalism – Upholds organizational values, demonstrates sound business ethics, works with integrity and ethically in all situations, and treats others with respect and consideration at all times regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for actions, reacts well under pressure, follows through on commitments, and demonstrates consistency between words and actions.
- Active Communications (Verbal, Written, Listening Skills) – Clearly expresses ideas, information, and concerns both verbally and in written format in both positive and negative situations. Actively listens, offers full attention when others speak, gives verbal and nonverbal cues of interest, asks questions for clarification, and paraphrases to ensure understanding. Actively seeks and disseminates information from and to a variety of sources, accepts responsibility for ensuring that people have the current and accurate information needed for success, and asks questions to open channels of communication. Demonstrates group presentation skills, presents information and numerical data effectively, and actively participates in meetings.
- Team Player – Identifies with the larger organizational team and their role within it by balancing team and individual responsibilities, sharing resources, responding to requests from other parts of the organization, supporting larger legitimate organizational agendas, and putting the success of the team above personal interests. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, recognizes accomplishments of other team members, and builds morale and commitment to goals and objectives.
- Adaptability – Utilizes a flexible approach or method to best match the environment, situation, or person. Manages competing demands and is able to adapt quickly and positively to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Orientation – Views the organization through the eyes of the customer, anticipates and meets customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds promptly, and effectively manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Develop Relationships – Builds and maintains relationships that incorporate cooperation, trust, and respect by devoting the appropriate time and energy to facilitate business transactions. Relates to others while building credibility and rapport, communicates in an honest and straightforward manner, and maintains networks.
- Initiative – Operates in a proactive manner, identifies needs and opportunities, calculates risks, and takes independent action. Undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, asks for and offers help when needed, and volunteers readily.
- Organizing and Planning – Plans, organizes and effectively manages to maximize efficiency and productivity. Sets goals and objectives, prioritizes and plans work activities, identifies specific action steps and resources, anticipates problems and develops contingency plans.
- Problem Solving& Decision Making– Able to identify problems, solve them, and show good judgment by isolating causes from symptoms, gathering information from a variety of sources, compiling information and solutions, involving others as appropriate, readily committing to action, and making decisions that reflect sound judgment in a timely manner. Able to identify and choose between multiple options, work well in-group problem solving situations, understand consequences of potential decisions, and support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Responsiveness – Takes action to meet the needs of others, responds timely without supervision, and minimizes delays.
- Sales/Persuasion – Establishes rapport and trust while determining customer needs, presents products or services that address the customer’s needs, overcomes objections, offers alternatives, persists an closes while maintaining rapport, and exerts influence over outcome through trust and competence.
- Technical Expertise – Maintains the minimum knowledge and skills required for the position, assesses strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities to continuously build skills, and serves as a resource for the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a standing, kneeling or stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to bend, climb stairs, and continuously stand or walk 50% of the time.
- Must be able to occasionally move within an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds (for example wood, cases of product, small machinery)
- Must be able to communicate effectively by listening and also in both written and verbal forms.
- Generally, works in either a distribution center, a contract worksite, or a home office environment.
- This position regularly requires large amounts of time to be spent using and viewing computer screens and equipment, which generally entails regular and repetitive motions.
- Is regularly exposed to machinery, fumes, airborne particles, or chemicals. All safety procedures should be adhered to in each of these situations.
Click here to view and apply on Indeed or email your resume to email@example.com.