The NWFA’s Wood Floor of the Year (WFOY) awards were developed to encourage and recognize innovative craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 300 awards have been presented to companies with winning projects throughout the world.
New for 2021 was the addition of the Best Staircase category, where NWFA partnered with the Stairbuilders and Manufacturers Association (SMA) to help judge for quality and craftsmanship in either residential or commercial applications.
Winning entries were chosen by a panel of judges selected for their industry and design knowledge.
As in previous years, NWFA members from across the globe voted online for their favorite floor to determine the association’s highest award – Members’ Choice. This process gave a chance for NWFA members to evaluate the entries based on technical difficulty, quality of installation, and overall appearance.
This year, the honor went to Ourada Designs, based in Nine Mile Falls, Washington. Click on the links below to learn more about that floor, the other category winners, and to see a showcase of all projects entered into the contest. And be sure to check out upcoming episodes of the NWFA Wood Talk podcast, as Brett Miller, VP of technical standards, training, and certification, will have discussions with WFOY winners about their projects.
- 2021 WFOY: Best Circular/Curved Application + Members’ Choice
- 2021 WFOY: Best in Color/Finish and Textured Wood
- 2021 WFOY: Best in Historic Restoration
- 2021 WFOY: Best in Marquetry/Inlay
- 2021 WFOY: Best in Parquetry
- 2021 WFOY: Best Staircase
- 2021 WFOY: Best Use of Technology
- 2021 WFOY: Manufacturer Spotlight
- 2021 WFOY: Entry Showcase