The National Wood Flooring Association announced the winners of its 2018 Wood Floor of the Year contest during the Wood Flooring Expo held in Tampa, Florida. The winning entries were recognized during the “Final Dive” closing session held on Friday, April 13.
The Wood Floor of the Year Awards were developed to encourage and recognize innovative
craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 200 awards have been presented to NWFA member companies throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in Russia and Finland.
All entries in the competition featured flooring installations completed between January 2017 and January 2018. A panel of judges comprised of trade and consumer press editors, industry leaders, and professional designers, evaluated the individual categories. The NWFA membership voted on all entries to recognize the Members’ Choice winner.
Recipients of the 2018 Wood Floor of the Year awards are as follows:
- Best Circular/Curved Application: Acorn Hardwood Flooring Inc., Sylmar, California
Aged Timber Company Inc., Sylmar, California
- Best Color & Finish Application: Treadline Construction, Tualatin, Oregon
- Best Parquetry/Inlay Application: ArtParquet, Khimki, Russia
- Best Restoration/Makeover: Endurance Floor Co. Inc., West Park, Florida
- Best Textured Wood Application: WD Flooring, Laona, Wisconsin
- Best of Social Media: BC Hardwood Floor Company Ltd., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Members’ Choice ArtParquet, Khimki, Russia
More information about the annual Wood Floor of the Year awards is available at www.nwfa.org/wfoy.