Job Title: Project Manager (PM)
Location: New York
Department/Group: Field Operations/Management
Travel Required: Occasional
Level/Salary Range: $55 – $85k Starting – BOE
Position Type: Full Time
Contact: Natashia Betancourt
Will Train Applicant(s): Yes
MBT Specialties field operations project managers have a dynamic role in our company. We are looking for colleagues with: a high level of professional, proven ability to think on their feet, exercise sound judgment, bring passion to their work, and be open to and/or active innovators in a fast-paced work environment.
Specific Responsibilities of the position include:
- Uphold MBT Specialties internal quality control standards.
- Coordinate field operations and installation teams
- Manage schedule and work flow of all field operations
- Coordinate with prominent clients, designers, architects and general contractors
- Project details, schedule, change orders, project wrap up, etc.
- Maintain project Budget & Schedule.
- Review project shop drawings and coordinate/communicate details effectively
- Create the Project Installation Package for onsite teams.
- Support installation teams with technical & email coordination
- Regular project site visits (50:50 time split between field and office)
- Contract change orders negotiation with GC’s & Sub’s
- Create, issue, and track project invoices.
- Reconcile to project budget with executive team.
- Maintain physical project folder.
- Review & approve subcontractor/vendor invoices and payment requests.
- Assist Sales and Executive teams estimating new project inquiries.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision, maintaining high quality standards;
- Some field experience
- Pro-active self-starter who is interested in learning and taking on new responsibilities.
- Work on multiple projects in various stages of completion.
- Attention to detail: Our work & clientele require excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
- Exercise sound judgment in work product and interactions with clients, general contractors, field staff, and subcontractors.
- College Graduate
- Previous experience in construction
- 0-2 years experience in design, architecture and/or construction related fields (In New York City a plus)
- Proficiency Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word. Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project. CAD would be a plus.
**Professional references required.